Welcome to my online catalogs!
Here you will find my most recent e-catalogs and also some specialty catalogs.
Just click on the title and browse…catalogs may take a few seconds to load, please be patient.
All books are in very good or better condition unless otherwise noted. To see the cover of any book, please ask and I will send you a scan by email.
Most recent e-catalog:
#9 New Testament of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glasgow, : David Bryce & Son, 1895. $295. SOLD
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
The featured book is the smallest complete New Testament in existence. It was published by David Bryce of Glasgow, Scotland, a relatively little known publisher who used the latest technological advances and unusually modern marketing methods to become the world’s most prolific and successful publisher of miniature books. Bryce is well known for his tiny dictionaries that could be purchased with lockets but this New Testament is much smaller, less that ¾” tall. The sterling silver locket is a bit large for the book but it is an exquisite case in perfect working order with its magnifier.
Item #65 is a rarity – Infant’s Library: Book 5 is one of 16 volumes by John Marshall of London. The bindings on these children’s are glazed paper over boards and therefore fragile. It is over 200 years old and is in remarkable condition. Of the 32 pages, half were letterpress printed and half were printed from an etched or engraved plate. Infant’s Library: Book 5 is illustrated with animals.
Other items worthy of special note:
- A charming dollhouse-sized book by Amanda Epstein with its original envelope (#1)
- 3 “Aunt Laura” books, dating from the Civil war era (#28, 29, 30)
- A London almanac dated 1779 (#33) SOLD
- A 1906 Pocket Calendar with a sterling silver cover (#34) SOLD
- An antiquarian embroidered binding (#35) SOLD
- A fine selection of 20th and 21st century books of the major miniature book publishers (See Barbara J. Raheb, Ash Ranch Press, Black Cat Press, Dawson’s Book Shop, Hillside Press, Jack R. Levien, Junipero Serra Press, Mosaic Press, Peter & Donna Thomas, Press of Ward Schori, REM Miniatures, Sunflower Press, Xavier Press and more)
Specialty Catalogs by Publisher: